Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Well what a shock... Sitting at home last night watching family guy... My phone tells me I have a email.. As I open it I read "Dear Craig , You have been selected as a finalist in the Veolia Wildlife photographer of the year for 2011 !!
I couldnt contain myself ...I didnt even read the email any further ,I didnt even see which shots had made it through...!
For me personally I feel so humbled and grateful finally my passion has been recognized at a international level ,it really is an amazing feeling when something you have such a strong passion for creates success and appreciation.
So 2 of my images have been selected both in different categories and here are the finalists!!!
The Images will be Judged in June 2011 so Ill keep you all posted ...

Natures Curtain
Category : WILD PLACES
This image was taken this year in Fiji,The perfection of this wave inspired me to enter it into the competition.
I was using a Canon 7D and Tokina 10-17mm fisheye Lens.
Photo info: 1250/s and aperture at 6.3f
Shell Swirl
Category: Creative Visions Of Nature
Shell Swirl was captured at Yuragir National park on a beach called Minnie Water in New south wales Australia,date the image was captured was the 1st of September 2010.My passion is to capture an image that the audience can appreciate time after time be lost in its beauty and simplicity.I noticed the opportunity to capture this abstract image whilst swimming mid afternoon in a small cove, the swell was rough and the light was perfect so I grabbed my water housing and camera then was washed around like a rag doll on the shore, but it was worth it in every way.I'm proud of this capture.
Image Info: Canon 7D , Tokina 10-17mm
1/800s , 6.3f

No comments:

Post a Comment